This is a tutorial on how to draw a face!
If you’re starting out, you might need a little push into the art world. So I’m here to lend a helping hand!
1.You first need to make a circle. The way to get a good circle is to use your wrist and trace the air then use the paper! (Its hard to explain) This will be your forehead.
2. These two lines are there to help you see were the nose, eyes, and mouth will be. The lines don’t have to be perfect, sketching light is a very important thing to do in art. Make a stick man!
3. Using the guide lines and your perfect circle you now have create two lines coming down from your circle. (In the photo I’m making some more body by making cheeks)
4. It’s preferable to the person or the gender on what the chin looks like on their drawing. Since I’m making a girl her chin a little more rounder than a males. (trust the process)
5. Now the NOSe, I try to make my noses a little more realistic than it being a triangle. So the first step to the nose is making little horizontal commas.
6. For the outside of the nose make a parenthesis around your nostril. The shading goes from dark to light then from the other nostril dark to lightest is in the middle of the nose.
7.making that outline for the bridge of your nose is just two simple lines with a indent placed were you like looks best.
8.(This is optional but if your would like to make some lines in the middle for some good old shading)
9.Now moving onto the eyes, there are so many ways to draw eyes. I do a more cartoony style since its overall easier and I think it looks best. So I start by making each base of the eye so one eye doesn’t look so different from the other.
10.For the eye ball I make an oval to just put wherever you want your eyes to be looking at, and make sure to add the pupil!
11.I made the eyebrows a little bit fuzzy! If you’re would like a little more clean cut eyebrows make a flat surface instead of little scruffs. (In the final result I have the simple clean cut eyebrows)
12.The mouth is simple enough a line that can still express emotion is what we’re aiming for. Now for the ears they’re a little more difficult, I would listen to this tutorial as I can not give you great detail through writing. You can always add earrings for some pizzazz!
13.Now the hair! I use references a lot since I’m still learning how to draw hair perfectly. This time I did not! Im pretty happy with how it turned out.
14.Now for the neck I have it start from almost the chin going down into a curve connecting it to the shoulders.
Now you can start making your own kind of creations, so start those creative muscles! This is some of the creations I’ve made using this method. This is how to draw a face!